About Colas Ltd
Colas Ltd are a UK subsidiary of the global Colas Group, which operates in over 50 countries worldwide and employs over 55,000 people. We are specialists in highways construction and have been involved in large scale UK and international construction projects within the highways, airfields and marine sectors as well as offering highways maintenance services and manufacturing our own innovative surfacing products. We hold a ‘Gold Investor in People’ award for continuously developing and rewarding our employees, offering excellent career potential.
We currently have an opportunity available within our Products division for a Depot Coordinator who will be in customer facing role and taking responsibility for all order processing. We are always working on new products, which we test at our laboratory at our head office to ensure consistency of quality and health and safety standards.
About the Role
The Depot Coordinator will report in to the Depot Controller and will have strong customer service skills and take full ownership of all order processing across the Birmingham depot.
- Answer incoming telephone calls, advising customers on products and supplying prices based upon their quotes. Ensuring sufficient haulage costs are passed onto the customer if possible.
- Book out stock against received orders, ensuring all details are recorded correctly on Dejawin so invoices can be processed.
- Arrange delivery with the most cost effective and suitable hauler for the job, being proactive to combine deliveries where possible to save on costs.
- Work with forklift driver(s) to ensure stock is correctly and safely picked for orders our and that stock in is correct and stored in the correct locations safely.
- Cover for forklift driver in their absence.
- Accurately record information of orders onto various spreadsheets dependent on who the customer is and the nature of the products they are buying.
- Ensure tracking spreadsheets (AI Comparison reports/Drum Returns/SMS Reports) are accurate and up to date.
- Processing payment for cash sales, ensuring accuracy in recording and filing whilst GDPR requirements are met.
- Raise proforma invoices for customers who request them.
- Proactively order sufficient stock from Warrington and 3rd party suppliers to cover all current and potential future orders, whilst ensuring minimum stock appears on the SMS report.
- Assist with stock take investigations as required.
As well as a highly competitive salary, Colas are also offering some great benefits with this role, which include:
- Competitive pension contribution
- 25 days annual leave per annum
- Opportunity to study towards a professional qualifications
- Ongoing training, and personal professional development
- Discounts on car leasing, holidays, cinema tickets, restaurants and much more through our online employee benefits portal
The successful candidate will be enthusiastic, driven and customer service focussed working in a fast-paced warehouse environment.
You will also:
- Have great attention to detail
- Competent IT skills on MS Word & Excel
- Hold a counter balance forklift license (desired) full training will be given
- Have industry knowledge (not essential)
Colas is fully committed to promoting equality and diversity and maintaining a culture of fairness, transparency and respect for all employees, clients, communities, suppliers, contractors and other stakeholders. Colas aims to be inclusive meet diverse needs and promote awareness and ownership in the workplace and the communities in which we serve.
Colas values the strength and differences that a diverse workforce brings to the organisation and believes that by harnessing these differences, we will foster a productive environment where equity and mutual respect are intrinsic, where talents are being fully utilised and organisational goals are met.
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Simply fill out the form below and one of our experts will be in touch with you.