Colas Ltd are a UK subsidiary of the global Colas Group, which operates in over 50 countries worldwide and employs over 55,000 people. We are specialists in highways construction and have been involved in large scale UK and international construction projects within the highways, airfields and marine sectors as well as offering highways maintenance services and manufacturing our own innovative surfacing products. We hold a ‘Gold Investor in People’ award for continuously developing and rewarding our employees, offering excellent career potential.
Our products business is a highly reputable and well-known supplier of bitumen based road repair and maintenance products, supplying to local authorities and contractors across the UK. As a Depot controller, you will be responsible for ensuring the safe and efficient running of the Birmingham depot including customer liaison, managing, supervising and training staff.
About the Role
This is a critical role within the business as you will be responsible for managing the Birmingham products depot and ensuring it is operating compliantly concerning safety, environmental and quality audits to BSI standards. You will also:
- Build up strong relationships with the Birmingham customer base through regular phone contact and assist with the promotion of Colas’ new products
- Support the products team to achieve sales targets as stated in the annual budgets
- Work within set financial budgets and be responsible for purchasing third party materials
- Provide fork lift cover when required
- Ensure full compliance to the administration procedures from order capture to customer delivery paperwork to invoice processing
- Assist with the distribution of products for packed materials to customers within the identified area, covered by the Birmingham depot, in a timely but cost effective way to maximise profitability and meet distribution budget
- Supervise visitors whilst within the confines of the warehouse, yard and gate area
- Record, report and monitor all complaints and comply with quality assurance requirements
- Submit monthly exposure hours and absence reports as instructed and record and report all safety incidents
- Ensure optimum stock level of finished products, ensuring products and tools are available to meet customer needs throughout the year
As well as a competitive salary, Colas offer an excellent benefits package, which includes:
- Competitive contribution pension scheme
- 25 days annual leave per annum + the option to buy or sell up to 5 days annual leave
- Opportunity to study towards professional qualifications
- NI free childcare vouchers
- Ongoing training, and personal professional development
- Discounts on car leasing, holidays, cinema tickets, restaurants and much more through our online employee benefits portal
You will have substantial experience working within a similar role and be able to demonstrate excellent multi-tasking skills, as this is a highly varied and all-encompassing Depot Controller position. You will also:
- Hold a Forklift licence or be willing to undertake training
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills and the drive to promote products and increase sales of the depot
- Customer contacts in highways and footways maintenance and civil engineering industry
- Demonstrate a good knowledge of the industry and product range
Colas is fully committed to promoting equality and diversity and maintaining a culture of fairness, transparency and respect for all employees, clients, communities, suppliers, contractors and other stakeholders. Colas aims to be inclusive, meet diverse needs and promote awareness and ownership in the workplace and the communities in which we serve.
Colas values the strength and differences that a diverse workforce brings to the organisation and believes that by harnessing these differences, we will foster a productive environment where equity and mutual respect are intrinsic, where talents are being fully utilised and organisational goals are met.
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Simply fill out the form below and one of our experts will be in touch with you.