Contracts Manager - Home Based
About Colas Ltd
Colas Ltd is a UK subsidiary of the global Colas Group, which operates in over 50 countries worldwide and employs over 55,000 people. We are specialists in highways construction and have been involved in large scale UK and international construction projects within the highways, airfields and marine sectors as well as offering highways maintenance services and manufacturing our own innovative surfacing products. We hold a ‘Gold Investor in People’ award for continuously developing and rewarding our employees, offering excellent career potential.
About the Role
The role of the Contracts Manager is management of key client expectations / operational delivery supporting contract commitments whilst ensuring the compliance with all Quality procedures and safe working practices, undertaking all works to the highest possible Health, Safety and Environmental standards, whilst safeguarding the wellbeing of all employees.
Acting within financial authorities, in respect of contract revenue, expenditure and budgets in line with operational forecasts. Driving cost efficiency and promotion of self-delivery through promotion of the One Colas culture
You will also:
- Promote and enhance safety awareness in the business, encouraging a zero tolerance to unsafe acts and a zero target for LTIs
- Ensure that all operations carried out within our area of responsibility are undertaken with full regard for the safety and welfare of visitors, other members of staff and yourself.
- Responsible for SHEQ within operation, ensuring compliance to method statements and risk assessments using induction / tool box talks / appropriate use of PPE. Ensuring constant compliance to all applicable CDM regulations
- Manage multiple Surface Treatment contracts and processes to specific timescales.
- Financial responsibility for all contracts within operational area. Ensure the safe and efficient running of all contracts to budget with full responsibility for the financial performance of contracts
- Provide leadership, motivation and direction to the operational delivery team. Stimulating and driving intercompany relationships and trading.
- Efficient management and utilisation of all regional / company resource through planning and effective dialogue with peers / clients
- Develop and update regular activity programmes for all contract responsibilities in accordance with client requirement
- Maintain professional approach positively reflecting the image of the company
- Active involvement with supporting annual budget forecasts.
- Mapping and deployment of company resources encouraging increased utilisation where appropriate.
- Provide regular point of contact for all personnel, administering employment related matters.
- Interaction with subcontractors ensuring all appropriate information is made available, review and approval of accounts prior to release of payment.
- Arrange / convene pre-start, progress and review meetings ensuring discussion of variances, contractual arrangements and any required corrective actions.
- Support, encourage and develop all staff / operatives within your control identifying all appropriate training needs.
- Maintain compliance with agreed policy on procurement of goods and services, assisting commercial estimating where required.
- Liaise with key and potential clients incorporating regular meeting and site visits, in order to develop/maintain good business relationships and achieve project deliverable strategy targets.
- Attend all commercial and management meetings as directed
- Provide technical support to Operations Manager during tender periods and receive and ensure compliance with Tender handover packs.
As well as a highly competitive salary, Colas are also offering some great benefits with this role, which include:
- Competitive pension contribution
- A company car allowance or a company car with a fuel card
- 25 days annual leave per annum + bank holidays with the option to buy or sell up to 5 days annual leave
- Opportunity to study towards a professional qualification fully funded
- NI free childcare vouchers
- Ongoing training, and personal professional development
- Discounts on car leasing, holidays, cinema tickets, restaurants and much more through our online employee benefits portal
Applicants will have experience working in the construction/civil engineering sector and will have a full understanding of highways, carriageway and footway contracting activities, experienced in managing operatives and plant and material resources
You will also have:
- Commitment to Quality, Safety and Environment.
- Appropriate knowledge of health and safety polices
- Good working knowledge of IT systems, proficient in the use of Microsoft Office & Microsoft Project Software
- Previous commercial experience and budget control
- Good analytical capability
- Practice of prioritising time critical work
- Excellent communication and liaison skills
- Relevant qualification/Experience in Highways/Contracting
- ONC/HNC/NVQ Equivalent /Diploma in Surface Treatments/Surfacing (Desirable)
- Minimum 3yrs experience in a similar or equivalent role
- Full driving licence
- SMSTS / IOSH (Desirable)
Colas is fully committed to promoting equality and diversity and maintaining a culture of fairness, transparency and respect for all employees, clients, communities, suppliers, contractors and other stakeholders. Colas aims to be inclusive, meet diverse needs and promote awareness and ownership in the workplace and the communities in which we serve.
Colas values the strength and differences that a diverse workforce brings to the organisation and believes that by harnessing these differences, we will foster a productive environment where equity and mutual respect are intrinsic, where talents are being fully utilised and organisational goals are met.
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Simply fill out the form below and one of our experts will be in touch with you.