Contract Supervisor / Agent (Microsurfacing)
We currently have a vacancy for an experienced Contract Supervisor / Agent with knowledge of Microsurfacing. You will need to guarantee Safe & Efficient delivery of all secured works ensuring management of Key Client expectations. You will report into the National Operations Manager and your role will be to plan, supervise / Line Manage, control crews and sub-contractors undertaking both carriageways, footways, across all processes in order to achieve or better productivity and cost levels. You will ensure the compliance with all Quality procedures and safe working practices. Your work will be to the highest level of Health, Safety and environmental standards, whilst safeguarding the wellbeing of all employees.
You will have a responsibility of making sure Contracts meet or better financial performance compared to cost estimates. Act within the financial authorities, in respect of revenue, expenditure & budget for Operations. Driving cost efficiency and promotion of self-delivery through promotion of the One Colas culture.
As well as a highly competitive salary, Colas are also offering some great benefits with this role, which include:
- Competitive pension contribution
- 25 days annual leave per annum + the option to buy or sell up to 5 days annual leave
- NI free childcare vouchers
- Flexible working
- Opportunity to study towards a professional qualification fully funded
- On-going training, and personal professional development
- Discounts on car leasing, holidays, cinema tickets, restaurants and much more through our online employee benefits portal
Colas Ltd is a UK subsidiary of the global Colas Group, which operates in over 50 countries worldwide and employs over 55,000 people. We are specialists in highways construction and have been involved in large scale UK and international construction projects within the highways, airfields and marine sectors as well as offering highways maintenance services and manufacturing our own innovative surfacing products. We hold a ‘Gold Investor in People’ award for continuously developing and rewarding our employees, offering excellent career potential.
- Effectively supervise/Manage ongoing carriageway and footway contracts (directing employees and sub-contractors) to ensure contract compliance and maximum return.
- Extensive travelling nationally will be required as our scope of works is throughout the whole of the United Kingdom.
- Provide all necessary information to foremen to enable contacts to proceed efficiently and safely.
- Co-ordinate and control Manpower, Vehicles, and Plant materials
- Carry out and agree final measures with clients prior to the submission of invoices.
- Regularly review (min weekly) contracts to ensure budgeted margins are achieved. Identify and discuss any variances with Operations Manager
- Accurate site inspections prior to the submission of tenders/quotations.
- Ensure all work is carried out to company Safety, Environment and Quality standards and to regularly communicate with staff and operatives on these matters.
- Regular Safety Meetings are held with operatives via Tool Box Talks both centrally cascaded and Process specific.
- Understand the COSHH regulations connected with the processes under your responsibility. To ensure that required information is related to the person handling the materials concerned.
- Ensure compliance with Chapter 8 road works signing.
- Compliance with Company administrative procedures.
- Assist in providing prompt road traffic and personal accident reporting and Investigation.
- Complete the minimum numbers of, MSO’s (Management Safety Observations) as laid down by line management.
- Compliance with the Company’s financial authorities.
- Help promote all Processes with existing and new clients encouraging new business opportunities and increasing client base in order to achieve overall budget.
- Undertake regular review of weekly wages/bonuses, output, vehicle defects reports and tachographs.
- Monitor remedial works and identify and eliminate causes of failure.
- Complete out other appropriate duties as assigned by your line manager.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Strong commercial and contractual awareness
- Commitment to Health & Safety, Quality and Environment matters.
- Good general education.
- Professional qualification min NVQ3 Highway Maintenance or ONC
- A Full understanding of carriageway and footway contracting activities, experienced in managing operatives, plant and material resources.
- NRSWA (Preferable/Not Essential)
- 12D Supervisor (Preferable/Not Essential)
- SMSTS (Preferable/Not Essential)
- SSSTS (Preferable/Not Essential)
- 3 year experience in similar role.
- Driving License
- Good communication skills.
- Achievement / Results Orientation.
- Customer Focussed (including internal customers)
- Team Work
- Planning / Organisation
- Commercial / Business Awareness
- Flexibility / Adaptability
- Developing Others
- Problem Solving
- Analytical Thinking
- Building Relationships
Colas values the strength and differences that a diverse workforce brings to the organisation and believes that by harnessing these differences, we will foster a productive environment where equity and mutual respect are intrinsic, where talents are being fully utilised and organisational goals are met.
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Simply fill out the form below and one of our experts will be in touch with you.