About the Role
This is a key role within the marketing team and you will be responsible for developing PR and communications strategy to increase the company profile in line with Colas’ strategic objectives. You will be working as part of a team of 7 and reporting in to the Strategic Marketing Manager.
- Manage the ‘News’ email inbox to deal effectively with all incoming queries and enquiries.
- Produce press releases, articles and web and social media content.
- Build and develop a contacts list with specialist press, trade publications, newspapers and digital media services.
- Research, gather and edit content to produce media stories which are in line with Colas’ Strategic plan.
- Optimise case studies, success stories and brand messages.
As well as a competitive salary, Colas offer an excellent benefits package, which includes:
- Competitive contribution pension scheme
- 25 days annual leave per annum + the option to buy or sell up to 5 days annual leave
- Opportunity to study towards a professional qualification fully funded
- Discounts on car leasing, holidays, cinema tickets, restaurants and much more through our online employee benefits portal
You will be a passionate and experienced public relations or communications specialist with excellent copywriting and editing experience. You will also:
- Have a sound knowledge of PR and media relations, copywriting and publications.
- Have previous highways, construction, engineering or manufacturing or similar industry experience would be highly beneficial but is not essential.
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Simply fill out the form below and one of our experts will be in touch with you.