- Lead and manage the Commercial team to ensure effective development, implementation, delivery and review of efficient commercial systems and processes which successfully mitigate business risk whilst meeting the business unit’s strategic objectives.
- Ensure appropriate expertise and resource is available within the Commercial team to meet company and statutory commercial reporting requirements and deadlines, through effective recruitment and development of the Commercial team including succession planning.
- Assure that the Commercial team is appropriately prepared to ensure that all monthly commercial reporting is completed accurately and on time, reflecting known events.
- Provide commercial and technical advice and support to senior managers and local commercial teams within the business unit across all relevant locations.
- Maximise all potential business opportunities through the development of effective working relationships with senior managers and others as required across company, client, supply chain and other partner organisations.
- Provide Commercial input into relevant strategic objectives to enhance bidding outcomes.
- Support the review of Colas joint venture interests to ensure that corporate governance requirements are adhered to whilst monitoring and reporting Colas’s risk exposure.
- Follow corporate guidance and processes on Risk Management whilst maintaining the business unit’s local Risk Register and managing the commercial approach to key areas of risk and opportunity throughout project life cycles.
- Promote and disseminate the core principles associated with the introduction and implementation of COPERNIC.
- Undertake detailed commercial reviews of contract documents, identifying key obligations and risks with recommended actions for timely resolution of any business critical issues.
- Timely reviews of contractual relationships with key suppliers and providers of professional services, ensuring that corporate liabilities are stepped down through robust agreements and appropriate contractual arrangements.
- Support the formation of claims for entitlement, ensuring that a robust process is followed for the accurate reporting of site activities undertaken and events are maintained and collated for easy reference. With overall responsibility for change management and the maximisation of entitlement in the valuation of variations/compensation events within the business unit.
- Control the contract valuations and preparation of month end reports including all proactive management of WIP and reserve provisions to minimise exposure and report these on a monthly basis.
- Liaise with operational management teams to ensure the effective reporting and management of debtors, cascading actions required from senior management to maximise all available methods for reducing business unit debt, including recourse to legal process where appropriate.
- Guarantee that all duties and responsibilities carried out by the post holder and the wider commercial team are carried out in a manner that supports the company vision and mission.
- Undertake any other duties as requested by the Associate Director and/or Executive Director for the business unit.
- Relevant academic and professional qualifications e.g. BSc degree in Quantity Surveying or equivalent is essential.
- Membership of a Commercial/Industry related professional body.
- Have at least 5 years commercial experience and/or be a fully qualified professional.
- Fully conversant in the various forms of contracts.
- Have a good working knowledge of contract law, and risk management.
- Excellent people management and team development skills.
- Brilliant communication skills.
- Tenacity and resilience.
- Good IT skills (Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Project)
- Personal organisation
- Relationship management
- Continuous development & innovation
- Problem solving/analytical thinking
- Flexibility/attitude to change
- An eye for detail.
- Good time management.
- Able to work under pressure and deliver work to tight timescales.
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Simply fill out the form below and one of our experts will be in touch with you.