Commercial Graduate - Leeds
As a strong Graduate QS / Estimator within the business you will have real responsibilities from day one and will embark upon training and development that will kick start your career.
In this dynamic and fast paced environment you will encounter a variety of responsibilities and duties that will allow you to establish your career and become a leading professional in your discipline.
As a Commercial Graduate you will hold a relevant degree or have an equivalent degree or training. You will be an ambitious driven individual who is analytical and innovative. Your attention to detail will be second to none allowing you to scrutinise the smallest elements within your professional reports. You will be able to work independently as well as being a team player and able to integrate seamlessly with our friendly and dynamic organisation.
Main Activities (Quantity Surveyor)
As well as either having or working towards an appreciation and knowledge of the activities listed below, the Commercial Graduate should look to apply their knowledge and learning in their day to day duties. The Graduate will assist the Project Quantity Surveyor, Estimating Manager and other members of the project team in the following activities.
- Supporting the financial and commercial processes
- Commercial management and contract administration
- Standard forms of contract such as NEC, FIDIC and JCT
- The use of planning and programmes
- Cost planning and pre-contract cost control
- Project / Commercial management reporting
- Recording works progress and assessing the effects of delay, prolongation and disruption
- The interpretation and development of bills of quantities, schedules of rates and activity Schedules
- Management of interim and financial accounts
Main Activities (Estimating)
- Assist the development of strategies and solutions to support strategic tender opportunities as directed by the Commercial Manager.
- Provide support to the Strategic Commercial Team in administering tender enquiry documentation and submission documents.
- Support the Commercial Manager in the implementation of performance measurement, financial and commercial management systems for all businesses.
- Operate within the commercial processes in the preparation of strategic bids.
- Assist the Commercial Manager, Estimating Manager and Procurement Manager to analyse terms, conditions and rates with suppliers, sub-contractors and supply chain partners.
- Conduct all duties and responsibilities in a manner that appropriately and adequately supports a commercial team located across the country.
- Work with the Commercial Team in working closely with the business managers to ensure delivery of the tender proposals through secured contracts and to facilitate an effective learning loop between commercial proposals and contract deliver.
- Graduate from Quantity Surveying/ Civil / Structural Engineering (or similar background) with a minimum of a Second-Class Honours undergraduate degree
- Must be flexible in relation to travel to sites / projects / offices as required
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Simply fill out the form below and one of our experts will be in touch with you.