About the Role
In this role you will report to the Senior Category Manager and take ownership of the aggregates category for the whole of the UK.
This is a great role for an experienced Category Manager who is looking for a new challenge as this is a strategic and autonomous role in which you will get the opportunity to present your ideas and recommendations to senior and board level management.
The role offers autonomy to manage, continuously improve, and drive the success of supply chain within your category. You will visit our depots around the UK to ensure that contractual agreements are meeting their needs and monitor supplier SLAs and KPIs to ensure high performance of suppliers.
You will be a driven and experienced supply chain professional who has previously bought aggregate products directly from suppliers within the construction industry.
You will be an excellent relationship builder and negotiator and passionate about driving success and improvement of the supply chain for your category.
You will also have:
- Category Management experience within the construction / highways industry.
- Have experience in areas of direct purchase such as coated stone, concrete, aggregates etc.
- Previous experience in collating and analysing data and the ability to present findings and ideas in a professional and influential manner to senior management.
- Excellent Excel skills.
- Ideally CIPS qualified or willingness to work towards (full funding available).
- Strong communication skills to be able to build and manage relationships within the business including board level management.
As well as a highly competitive salary, Colas are also offering some great benefits with this role, which include:
- Up to 6% pension contribution when you pay in 4%
- A company car allowance or a company car with a fuel card
- 25 days annual leave per annum + the option to buy or sell up to 5 days annual leave
- Flexible working
- Opportunity to study towards a professional qualification fully funded
- Up to £255 per month in tax and NI free childcare vouchers
- Ongoing training, and personal professional development
- Discounts on car leasing, holidays, cinema tickets, restaurants and much more through our online employee benefits portal
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Simply fill out the form below and one of our experts will be in touch with you.