About Colas Ltd
Colas Ltd is a UK subsidiary of the global Colas Group, which operates in over 50 countries worldwide and employs over 55,000 people. We are specialists in highways construction and have been involved in large scale UK and international construction projects within the highways, airfields and marine sectors as well as offering highways maintenance services and manufacturing our own innovative surfacing products. We hold a ‘Gold Investor in People’ award for continuously developing and rewarding our employees, offering excellent career potential.
Our Corporate Supply Chain team are based at our Rowley Regis Depot in Birmingham along with our Major Projects (UK Projects) procurement team.
About the Role
As a Buyer within the UK Projects team, you will support our project teams and the Procurement Team to ensure Colas’ orders are completed in line with approved suppliers and in a timely manner for project completion. You will:
- Provide administrative support for the Strategic Projects Procurement team
- Send out enquiries for appropriate materials and plant requirements and collate and analyse quotations
- Raise orders with approved suppliers for specified materials and plant equipment and ensure on-time delivery
- Chase deliveries from suppliers that are overdue or urgent
- Use approved National agreement deals unless authorised otherwise by Procurement Manager
- Assist the Procurement Manager in maintaining internal procurement systems and processes
- Arrange material and plant returns as required
- Check invoices for approval by the Procurement Manager
As well as a highly competitive salary, Colas are also offering some great benefits with this role, which include:
- Competitive pension contribution
- A company car or car allowance and fuel card
- 25 days annual leave per annum + bank holidays with the option to buy or sell up to 5 days annual leave
- NI free childcare vouchers
- Ongoing training, and personal professional development
- Discounts on car leasing, holidays, cinema tickets, restaurants and much more through our online employee benefits portal
You will have previous experience working in a procurement / supply chain role either as a Buyer or a similar role whereby you are looking to take the next step in your career. You will also:
- Have excellent attention to detail and organisation skills as delivery of materials and equipment in a timely manner is essential for project works to continue
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office, including Excel
- Be able to communicate well over the phone and email as you will be dealing directly with suppliers as well as managing stakeholder relationships
Colas is fully committed to promoting equality and diversity and maintaining a culture of fairness, transparency and respect for all employees, clients, communities, suppliers, contractors and other stakeholders. Colas aims to be inclusive, meet diverse needs and promote awareness and ownership in the workplace and the communities in which we serve.
Colas values the strength and differences that a diverse workforce brings to the organisation and believes that by harnessing these differences, we will foster a productive environment where equity and mutual respect are intrinsic, where talents are being fully utilised and organisational goals are met.
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Simply fill out the form below and one of our experts will be in touch with you.