Business Manager (Warrington)
About Colas Ltd
Colas Ltd are a UK subsidiary of the global Colas Group, which operates in over 50 countries worldwide and employs over 55,000 people. We are specialists in highways construction and have been involved in large scale UK and international construction projects within the highways, airfields and marine sectors as well as offering highways maintenance services and manufacturing our own innovative surfacing products. We hold a ‘Gold Investor in People’ award for continuously developing and rewarding our employees, offering excellent career potential.
We currently have an opportunity available within our Products division for an experienced Business Manager to oversee the national running and commercial success of our bitumen products manufacturing and sales. Our products business area is a key innovator in the industry for the production and supply of high quality, bitumen based highways maintenance and repair products. We are always working on new products, which we test at our laboratory at our head office to ensure consistency of quality and health and safety standards.
About the Role
The Business Manager will report in to the Associate Director and will have overall responsibility for the day-to-day operations of the products business with P&L accountability for both the manufacturing and commercial aspects. You will be a key leader within the products business in terms of customer engagement and business strategy.
- Develop an in depth understanding of the Bitumen products
- Engage with customers personally and via the Colas Sales Engineer & Depot Network
- Make commercial decisions with regards to product pricing
- Develop business plan and strategy and sales and marketing plan for the Products business
- Participate in the annual budget process for Products and Manufacturing in Colas UK
- Conduct monthly business reviews to report against budget
As well as a highly competitive salary, Colas are also offering some great benefits with this role, which include:
- Competitive pension contribution
- A company car allowance or a company car with a fuel card
- 28 days annual leave per annum + the option to buy or sell up to 5 days annual leave
- Senior Manager Bonus Scheme
- Opportunity to study towards a professional qualifications
- Ongoing training, and personal professional development
- Discounts on car leasing, holidays, cinema tickets, restaurants and much more through our online employee benefits portal
The successful candidate will have a strong knowledge of the Highways Products market in the UK and have a proven record of accomplishment in ensuring commercial success of a similar sized business. It is important that you have a knowledge of our customer base such as Local Authorities, Highways Contractors and Utility Contractors as well as experience liaising with manufacturing and distribution via a multiple outlet distribution system.
You will also:
- Have experience in preparation and management of budgets
- A strong commercial awareness to be able to identify sales opportunities and a passion for continuous improvement
- A knowledge of bitumen products would be an advantage but is not essential
- Demonstrate an ability to meet performance targets both personally and departmental
Colas is fully committed to promoting equality and diversity and maintaining a culture of fairness, transparency and respect for all employees, clients, communities, suppliers, contractors and other stakeholders. Colas aims to be inclusive meet diverse needs and promote awareness and ownership in the workplace and the communities in which we serve.
Colas values the strength and differences that a diverse workforce brings to the organisation and believes that by harnessing these differences, we will foster a productive environment where equity and mutual respect are intrinsic, where talents are being fully utilised and organisational goals are met.
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Simply fill out the form below and one of our experts will be in touch with you.