Business Development Manager
About Colas Ltd
Colas Ltd are a UK subsidiary of the global Colas Group, which operates in over 50 countries worldwide and employs over 55,000 people. We are specialists in highways construction and have been involved in large scale UK and international construction projects within the highways, airfields and marine sectors as well as offering highways maintenance services and manufacturing our own innovative surfacing products. We hold a ‘Gold Investor in People’ award for continuously developing and rewarding our employees, offering excellent career potential.
We currently have an opportunity available within our South region for an experienced Business Development Manager to join the team. You will be promoting Colas’ offering to term maintenance contractors and local authorities within the central and southern regions.
About the Role
This is an exciting role in developing the Colas customer base and building relationships with key people within the civil engineering sector. You will promote Colas’ diverse offering which includes smart motorways, asset management, contracting, and traffic management services to engage clients to support Colas LTD with their plans for growth.
- Identify key prospects across the south region and provide market intelligence that will assist with business planning/budget requirements for the identified Colas Businesses
- Develop a strategy to build strong client relationships within your region in line with Colas’ objectives and key target clients
- Ensure that the CRM system is fully updated following all visits and discussions with clients
- Build and maintain relationships with key personnel within Colas
- Produce a monthly report detailing the up to date performance of the identified territory and presenting findings to key Colas personnel
- Raise the company profile by attending appropriate industry events
- Suggest new projects and business opportunities which align with Colas’ growth plans
As well as a competitive salary, Colas offer an excellent benefits package, which includes:
- Competitive contribution pension scheme
- A company car allowance or a company car with a fuel card
- 25 days annual leave per annum + the option to buy or sell up to 5 days annual leave
- Opportunity to study towards professional qualifications
- NI free childcare vouchers
- Ongoing training, and personal professional development
- Discounts on car leasing, holidays, cinema tickets, restaurants and much more through our online employee benefits portal
You will be an experience business development manager / client development manager with experience working in either the highways sector or other civil engineering sector such as marine or airfields.
You will also:
- Have a strong industry knowledge including knowledge and ideally existing contacts with term maintenance contracting businesses and local authorities within the southern part of the UK
- A proven track record of building new client relationships from scratch and developing a prospecting strategy to support a business’ growth plans
- Have a strong commercial awareness and be able to identify new business opportunities and keep track of competitor activity
- Be able to manage your own workload and day to day activities to ensure progress towards building relationships with identified prospective clients
Closing Date: Friday 12th July
Colas is fully committed to promoting equality and diversity and maintaining a culture of fairness, transparency and respect for all employees, clients, communities, suppliers, contractors and other stakeholders. Colas aims to be inclusive, meet diverse needs and promote awareness and ownership in the workplace and the communities in which we serve.
Colas values the strength and differences that a diverse workforce brings to the organisation and believes that by harnessing these differences, we will foster a productive environment where equity and mutual respect are intrinsic, where talents are being fully utilised and organisational goals are met.
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Simply fill out the form below and one of our experts will be in touch with you.