About Colas Ltd
Colas Ltd is a UK subsidiary of the global Colas Group, which operates in over 50 countries worldwide and employs over 55,000 people. We are specialists in highways construction and have been involved in large scale UK and international construction projects within the highways, airfields and marine sectors as well as offering highways maintenance services and manufacturing our own innovative surfacing products. We hold a ‘Gold Investor in People’ award for continuously developing and rewarding our employees, offering excellent career potential.
About the Role
In this role you will provide all administrative support to the Portsmouth Operations South team. The main responsibilities will be:
- Schedule appointments for both internal and external meetings and provide files and papers in preparation of such meetings
- Arrange travel and accommodation requirements in advance of each trip, using Clarity
- Draft agendas, prepare reports and collate papers where required as well as setting up calls and video conferences as applicable.
- Answer, screen and direct incoming calls. Ascertain in detail the nature of the enquiries and obtain information to provide answers and redirect calls if necessary
- Assist with preparation of twice yearly Budget Meeting packs
- Coordinate operatives training working with operations team to ensure all training is within date and maintain training matrix
- Distribute toolbox talks, risk assessment updates and other HSEQ documentation and maintain relevant registers
- Maintain electronic records of HSEQ documentation including HAVS exposure, waste transfer notes, TRACAs, toolbox talks etc. and enter near misses on to Airsweb system You will be able to demonstrate previous experience working in a similar administrative role. You will also:
- About you
- Have working knowledge of MS Office software
- Excellent organisation and attention to detail
- Experience working with office equipment such as printer, photocopier, scanner etc.
- Be able to demonstrate that you are a team player and willing to assist with duties outside of your core remit where necessary
Colas is fully committed to promoting equality and diversity and maintaining a culture of fairness, transparency and respect for all employees, clients, communities, suppliers, contractors and other stakeholders. Colas aims to be inclusive, meet diverse needs and promote awareness and ownership in the workplace and the communities in which we serve.
Colas values the strength and differences that a diverse workforce brings to the organisation and believes that by harnessing these differences, we will foster a productive environment where equity and mutual respect are intrinsic, where talents are being fully utilised and organisational goals are met.
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Simply fill out the form below and one of our experts will be in touch with you.