Business Admin Apprentice
ABOUT THE ROLE
On this apprenticeship you will undertake a Business Administrator level 2 programme. Whilst undertaking your academic learning you will also be working alongside an experienced team to learn hands-on, work-based skills. Undertake all aspects of business administration works supporting office functions for a busy highways civil engineering team, assisting with efficient and ethical delivery of all secured contracts whilst ensuring compliance with all Quality procedures and safe working practices.
Actively promote the One Colas approach especially when dealing directly with external stakeholders. Full training will be provided for the role.
As well as a highly competitive salary, Colas are also offering some great benefits with this role, which include:
- 25 days annual leave per annum + the option to buy or sell up to 5 days annual leave
- Flexible working
- Opportunity to study towards a professional qualification fully funded
- NI free childcare vouchers
- Ongoing training, and personal professional development
- Discounts on car leasing, holidays, cinema tickets, restaurants and much more through our online employee benefits portal
Your main role will be to develop skills and experience to provide adminsitrative support to the operations function within the Midlands Regional office. The successful applicant will be able to work effectively in both a team and on their own, and able to adapt effectively to both quiet and busy environments. It is also important that the successful candidate will have a great work ethic and be able to pro-actively maintain a high standard of work.
- Accurate and timely raising of purchase orders in company system adhering at all times to company and local procurement processes.
- Goods receipting of deliveries accurately and in a timely manner.
- Processing of invoices within required timescales matching against GRN’s and challenging any discrepancies as appropriate.
- Maintaining accurate records of plant on and off hire to enable accurate allocation of cost to contract. Goods receipting of hired plant on a weekly basis.
- Enter, check and validate costs in company cost capture system ensuring weekly deadlines are achieved.
- Collation, archiving, filing and scanning of all contract details and paperwork in line with minimum requirements.
- Recording of information to assist the property manager in all aspects of legal compliance.
GCSE Maths / English or equivalent – Minimum Grade C
- Must be a team player.
- Friendly & approachable personality.
- Good time management with flexibility of approach.
- Commitment to business success.
- Conscientious, trustworthy, open and reliable.
- Committed to continuous improvement and innovation.
Colas values the strength and differences that a diverse workforce brings to the organisation and believes that by harnessing these differences, we will foster a productive environment where equity and mutual respect are intrinsic, where talents are being fully utilised and organisational goals are met.
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Simply fill out the form below and one of our experts will be in touch with you.