Business Admin Apprentice - Portsmouth
ABOUT THE ROLE
On this apprenticeship you will undertake an NVQ Level 3 qualification in Business administration. Whilst undertaking your academic learning you will also be working alongside an experienced team to learn hands-on, work-based skills. Undertake all aspects of business administration works supporting office functions for a busy team.
Actively promote the One Colas approach especially when dealing directly with external stakeholders. Full training will be provided for the role.
As well as a highly competitive salary, Colas are also offering some great benefits with this role, which include:
- 25 days annual leave per annum + the option to buy or sell up to 5 days annual leave
- Flexible working
- Opportunity to study towards a professional qualification fully funded
- NI free childcare vouchers
- On-going training, and personal professional development
- Discounts on car leasing, holidays, cinema tickets, restaurants and much more through our online employee benefits portal
Colas Ltd is a UK subsidiary of the global Colas Group, which operates in over 50 countries worldwide and employs over 55,000 people. We are specialists in highways construction and have been involved in large scale UK and international construction projects within the highways, airfields and marine sectors as well as offering highways maintenance services and manufacturing our own innovative surfacing products. We hold a ‘Gold Investor in People’ award for continuously developing and rewarding our employees, offering excellent career potential.
We currently have an opportunity available within our Midlands Regional Operations area of the business for a Business Admin Apprentice to join us.
Your main role will be to develop skills and experience to provide adminsitrative support to the Portsmouth office. The successful applicant will be able to work effectively in both a team and on their own, and able to adapt effectively to both quiet and busy environments. It is also important that the successful candidate will have a great work ethic and be able to pro-actively maintain a high standard of work. All training will be provided.
Health & Safety
- Tool Box talks on to spreadsheet
- HAV’s on to spreadsheet
- Near Misses in Airsweb
- Waste Transfer notes
- Send letters to residents for work in their roads
- Log Customer Compliments and Complaints
- Log Customer Satisfactions Survey Results Update staff list with starters and leavers
- Update internal staff telephone directory
- Update PEM’s
- Safety Training update and monitor spreadsheet for all staff
- Update monthly performance spreadsheets with results
- Assist with producing reports
- Assist with property management duties
Helpdesk (Front Desk)
- Cover front desk, greeting visitors, safety rules and other duties.
- Electronic filing
- Minute taking
- Book Meetings
- PDF Documents
- Ad hoc Tasks
- Attending various training courses
- GCSE Maths / English or equivalent – Minimum Grade C
- Must be a team player.
- Friendly & approachable personality.
- Good time management with flexibility of approach.
- Conscientious, trustworthy, open and reliable.
Colas values the strength and differences that a diverse workforce brings to the organisation and believes that by harnessing these differences, we will foster a productive environment where equity and mutual respect are intrinsic, where talents are being fully utilised and organisational goals are met.
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Simply fill out the form below and one of our experts will be in touch with you.