About the Role
This is a new role due to the continuous success and expansion of Colas’ Asset Management division and a plethora of bidding opportunities within the industry.
In this role you will be a key member of the bidding team and be responsible for producing well-structured responses to client requirements and agreed company solutions. This role is ideal for an individual who is passionate about writing and conducting thorough research as the role will involve developing detailed written solutions using Word, Publisher and Adobe InDesign.
You will be working closely with project teams and professionals within the bidding team including attending bid solutions meetings and maintaining and developing a bid library of quality written submissions templates.
Using your expertise in professional writing, you will have the opportunity to contribute ideas towards the continuous improvement and development of the department’s processes.
You will be working as part of an experienced team and have the opportunity to continuously learn and develop in your professional writing career including the chance to work towards professional qualifications.
You will be a driven and talented Writer with experience working in a professional capacity in a technical writing role, ideally as a Bid Writer. You will have a keen eye for attention to detail and be able to demonstrate your ability to write to a professional standard with a technical subject matter. Your enthusiasm for detailed research and the creativity to write engaging content will lead to success in this role.
You will also:
- Have a strong academic record of accomplishment and level of general education, particularly with English Language and Literature.
- Hold an undergraduate degree or equivalent in a relevant subject such as English, Marketing, Journalism or a sector relevant subject (i.e. civil engineering or construction) - this would be an advantage.
- Be able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines by managing your own workload effectively.
- Have a knack for using and picking up software and familiar with the Microsoft Office suite.
- Be skilled in researching and interpreting the subject matter for each bid in order to extract the relevant you will need to create proposal submissions and solutions.
- Have experience of writing prequalification and tender submission documents or similar in a previous role.
- Have previous experience working in the construction industry, although this is desirable, it is not essential.
As well as a highly competitive salary, Colas are also offering some great benefits with this role, which include:
- Up to 6% pension contribution when you pay in 4%
- A company car allowance or a company car with a fuel card
- 25 days annual leave per annum + the option to buy or sell up to 5 days annual leave
- Flexible working
- Opportunity to study towards a professional qualification fully funded
- Up to £255 per month in tax and NI free childcare vouchers
- Ongoing training, and personal professional development
- Discounts on car leasing, holidays, cinema tickets, restaurants and much more through our online employee benefits portal
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Simply fill out the form below and one of our experts will be in touch with you.