About the Role
This is a new role due to the continued success and expansion of Colas’ Asset Management division and a plethora of bidding opportunities within the industry.
In this role you will be a key member of the bidding team with responsibility for producing well-structured responses to client requirements and in line with agreed company solutions. This role is ideal for an individual who is passionate about writing and conducting thorough research, as the role will involve wordsmithing detailed technical solutions.
You will be working closely with project teams and subject matter experts within the bid team, attend solution story-boarding meetings and develop a bid library of written submissions and templates.
You will have the opportunity to contribute ideas towards our continuous improvement, using your professional writing experience to further develop our department’s bidding processes.
There will also be the opportunity for learning and the development of your writing career, including working towards professional qualifications.
You will be a driven and talented Wordsmith with experience in a technical writing role as a Bid Writer. You will have a keen eye for detail and a demonstrable ability to write to a professional standard. Your enthusiasm for research and analysis, combined with the creativity to write engaging content will lead to success in this role.
You will also:
- Have a strong academic record of accomplishment and level of general education, particularly with English Language and Literature.
- Hold an undergraduate degree or equivalent in a subject such as English, Marketing, Journalism or a sector relevant subject (i.e. civil engineering or construction would be an advantage).
- Have experience of writing prequalification responses and tender submission documents in a previous role.
- Be skilled in:
- The deconstruction of bid questions.
- Researching and interpreting technical subject matter.
- Identifying information needed to create a well-founded response that meets and exceeds the customer requirements.
- Be able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines by managing your workload effectively.
- Have familiarity with the Microsoft Office Suite, particularly MS Word and a general knack for picking up and using software.
- Have a knack for using and picking up software and familiar with the Microsoft Office suite.
- Have previous experience working in the construction industry, although this is desirable, and not essential.
As well as a highly competitive salary, Colas are also offering some great benefits with this role including:
- Competitive contributory pension scheme
- 25 days annual leave per annum + the option to buy or sell up to 5 days annual leave
- Opportunity to study towards a professional qualification fully funded
- Up to £255 per month in tax and NI free childcare vouchers
- Ongoing training, and personal professional development
- Discounts on car leasing, holidays, cinema tickets, restaurants and much more through our online employee benefits portal
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Simply fill out the form below and one of our experts will be in touch with you.