Bid Manager (Birmingham)
About Colas Ltd
Colas Ltd are a UK subsidiary of the global Colas Group, which operates in over 50 countries worldwide and employs over 55,000 people. We are specialists in highways construction and have been involved in large scale UK and international construction projects within the highways, airfields and marine sectors as well as offering highways maintenance services and manufacturing our own innovative surfacing products. We hold a ‘Gold Investor in People’ award for continuously developing and rewarding our employees, offering excellent career potential.
Colas’ commercial team operates all over the UK and is made up of Bidding, Estimating, Quantity Surveying and Commercial Management. It’s a great time to join Colas as we continue to strive towards our ambitious growth plans and people are vital to our success. Our employees make us different, and set us apart from our competitors. We want to attract, retain and develop visionary, talented and passionate individuals. Our people are central to everything we do.
Our Bid Manager Roles
Due to increased workload, we currently have multiple exciting opportunities available for talented Bid Managers to join our commercial team nationwide. We have various roles available spanning across our major projects, contracting and asset management businesses.
As a member of the Commercial and Strategic Bidding Team you will work closely with your team members for the completion and production of strategic submissions. This includes working with Central Services Managers, Business Managers and other operational personnel to develop solutions for pre-qualification and tender submissions, and to ensure that they represent maximum benefit to the client.
We currently have vacancies in:
As well as a highly competitive salary, Colas are also offering some great benefits with this role, which include:
- Competitive pension contribution
- A company car allowance or a company car with a fuel card
- 25 days annual leave per annum + the option to buy or sell up to 5 days annual leave
- Flexible working
- Opportunity to study towards a professional qualification fully funded
- Ongoing training, and personal professional development
- Discounts on car leasing, holidays, cinema tickets, restaurants and much more through our online employee benefits portal
The successful candidates will have significant experience working as a Bid or Proposals Manager with a proven track record of work winning success in previous posts. You will also:
- Have excellent written communication and verbal communications skills
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the bidding process and a strategic mind-set
- Show a strong understanding of operational and technical considerations in determining effective solutions to support with strategic bidding opportunities
Colas is fully committed to promoting equality and diversity and maintaining a culture of fairness, transparency and respect for all employees, clients, communities, suppliers, contractors and other stakeholders. Colas aims to be inclusive meet diverse needs and promote awareness and ownership in the workplace and the communities in which we serve.
Colas values the strength and differences that a diverse workforce brings to the organisation and believes that by harnessing these differences, we will foster a productive environment where equity and mutual respect are intrinsic, where talents are being fully utilised and organisational goals are met.
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Simply fill out the form below and one of our experts will be in touch with you.