About Colas Ltd
Colas Ltd are a UK subsidiary of the global Colas Group, which operates in over 50 countries worldwide and employs over 55,000 people. We are specialists in highways construction and have been involved in large scale UK and international construction projects within the highways, airfields and marine sectors as well as offering highways maintenance services and manufacturing our own innovative surfacing products. We hold a ‘Gold Investor in People’ award for continuously developing and rewarding our employees, offering excellent career potential.
We currently have an opportunity available within our major projects area of the company which specialise in providing project delivery and management for building of new major infrastructure within the highways, airfields and marine sectors both in the UK and overseas.
About the Role
In this role you will provide support to the Pre-Construction team to facilitate the successful bidding of tenders in UK Projects. Provide support to the technical team and wider business specialists to enable their input as required. You will co-ordinate the bidding process for allocated opportunities and ensure collaboration and support is provided to the pre-construction team and operational business units for the production compliant submissions at Expression of Interest, prequalification and tender stages. You will also:
- Support dedicated OSG (Opportunity, Selection, Governance) staff to monitor e- portals to identify relevant opportunities for the region businesses that may have not already have been identified.
- Provide additional support to OSG activities where directed by line manager and support e-portal/email monitoring over festive periods & bank holidays
- Manage the e-portal interface for all live, Expressions of Interests, PQQs and tenders, ensuring that communications are quickly and effectively dealt with and disseminated to the bid teams in a timely manner.
- Download client documents and establish file structure in SharePoint and accurately populate with relevant client information received.
- Where directed identify key deliverables from the clients submission requirements and schedule these for review by the Bid Manager.
- Establish SharePoint/Teams sites and manage SharePoint/Teams access
- Collate and upload PQQ/tender queries and clarifications on e-portals as required, gaining internal approvals for submission where appropriate.
- To track and record tender queries and clarifications when published and ensure these are disseminated to the bid team.
- To complete corporate responses to PQQs and tender documentation including the complete of standard PAS or equivalent questionnaires.
- To format submission documents including PQQs and tenders as directed
- Under the direction of the Bid Manager, collate and upload PQQ and tender submissions to meet published client deadlines
- Actively contribute to the administration and management of the live evidence library/Knowledge Bank.
- To accept responsibility for physical and electronic files handed over from the business development and OSG teams as required.
- To administer allocated sections of the pursuit/tender management plan
- To administer, manage and archive physical and electronic files
- To prepare power point presentation of bids for bid/contract teams
- To collate final copies of submitted bids for the bid team, business manager and the contract teams
As well as a highly competitive salary, Colas are also offering some great benefits with this role, which include:
- Competitive pension contribution scheme
- 25 days annual leave per annum + the option to buy or sell up to 5 days annual leave
- Opportunity to study towards a professional qualifications
- Ongoing training, and personal professional development
- Discounts on car leasing, holidays, cinema tickets, restaurants and much more through our online employee benefits portal
You will have significant experience working as a Bid Coordinator or in a similar role with a strong ability to pick up and use software including the MS office suite and design software.
You will also:
- Have a strong academic record of accomplishment and level of general education, particularly with English Language and Literature.
- Demonstrate excellent organisation and attention to detail
- Showcase your ability to research and collate information methodically and in a timely manner
Colas is fully committed to promoting equality and diversity and maintaining a culture of fairness, transparency and respect for all employees, clients, communities, suppliers, contractors and other stakeholders. Colas aims to be inclusive, meet diverse needs and promote awareness and ownership in the workplace and the communities in which we serve.
Colas values the strength and differences that a diverse workforce brings to the organisation and believes that by harnessing these differences, we will foster a productive environment where equity and mutual respect are intrinsic, where talents are being fully utilised and organisational goals are met.
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Simply fill out the form below and one of our experts will be in touch with you.