Assistant Quantity Surveyor
Duties of the role
- Assist with the effective administration of all secured contracts ensuring management of Key Client expectations/ contracts whilst assisting the commercial team in ensuring maximum financial recovery of all works is achieved.
- To provide support to the commercial and operational team including cost control in relation to all elements of spend.
- Engage with the company ERP tools ensuring you are fully conversant with Coupa, LISA, CODA and other Copernic tools as introduced.
- Personally complete site measures for all contracts on a regular basis ensuring value maximisation via accurate submission of information to clients within suitable timescales.
- Adopt, promote and encourage safety awareness in the business, encouraging a zero tolerance to unsafe acts and a zero target for LTIs.
- Prepare and submit time related valuations to all clients in agreed timescales ensuring comprehensive back up information is supplied.
- Assist with all aspects of subcontract management including raising orders, checking submitted measures, processing invoices and payment authorisation within financial authorities.
- Respond to queries from clients, subcontractors and suppliers in a timely manner whilst maintaining a professional approach positively reflecting the image of the company.
- Manage cash flow by ensuring prompt payment by clients escalating both internally and externally as required.
- Attend pre start, progress and review meetings between the commercial and operational team ensuring discussion of variances, contractual arrangements and any required corrective actions.
- Provision of timely and correct information for invoicing in accordance with the companies accounting timetable.
- Help with month end CVR process offering accurate information for all contracts under your control in line with company accounting procedures.
- Liaise with and maintain strong lines of communication with other members of the team and business, to meet requirements and objectives.
- Assist operational teams in all areas of commercial management including completion of monthly forecast cost to completion reports.
- Assist with compiling, submitting and checking of intercompany valuations.
- Provide support with estimating functions when required including completing take-offs, developing programs, compiling cost estimates, etc.
- Ensure records are maintained in line with company policy and procedure to ensure non-conformance frequency rate is achieved following internal and external audits.
- Undertake all other appropriate duties as assigned by your line manager.
- Provide support to the Commercial Team in administering all tasks related to a busy contracting team.
- Actively engage in purchase ledger process to establish a robust basic understanding of the overall cost capture process to assist with contract management.
- Undertake further training as required for the role.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar role and sector.
- Good IT competency essential.
- Relevant qualification ideally to degree level in quantity surveying or similar commercial subject.
- Strong communicator.
- Basic understanding of highway construction.
- Must be a team player
- Trustworthy, honest, open and reliable
- Committed to continuous improvement & innovation
- Self-motivated and hard working
- Flexibility towards working hours to achieve month end accounting deadlines
- Ability to multi task prioritising workload to changing deadlines
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Simply fill out the form below and one of our experts will be in touch with you.