Assistant Management Accountant - Grantham
About Colas Ltd
Colas Ltd is a UK subsidiary of the global Colas Group, which operates in over 50 countries worldwide and employs over 55,000 people. We are specialists in highways construction and have been involved in large scale UK and international construction projects within the highways, airfields and marine sectors as well as offering highways maintenance services and manufacturing our own innovative surfacing products. We hold a ‘Gold Investor in People’ award for continuously developing and rewarding our employees, offering excellent career potential.
We have an opportunity available to join the Finance team at our office in Grantham. You will work alongside the Senior Management Accountant & a team of Accounts Assistants.
About the Role
As an Assistant Management Accountant, you will assist the Senior Management Accountant with the day to day running of the Accounts department. As part of the role you will:
- To assist in the production of monthly management accounts
- To supervise completion of cost and values for each contract
- To provide figures for the production of weekly volume reports and monthly activity reports
- To coordinate and complete sales invoicing and payroll entry
- To complete purchase ledger accruals, costing and general ledger journals
- To coordinate plant allocation within the business unit
- To process purchase invoices for all non-contract expenses for the business
- To produce ad-hoc reports as and when required
- To deal with day to day accounts enquiries for payroll, purchase ledger and debtors ledger
- To assist the Management Accountant with the filing of monthly accounts and reports to Head Office
- To assist the Management Accountant with the production of annual budgets
- To supervise the accounts and admin function for the Processes
You will have previous experience working in a similar role and exposure to all-round accounting duties, you will also:
- Have excellent Excel skills and be able to use and change formulas and formatting (including pivot tables and v-look ups)
- Have very strong attention to detail and the confidence to challenge potential errors or question reports where appropriate
- Be able to work well as part of a small team, willing to cover holidays where appropriate and pick up new skills quickly
- Excellent verbal and written presentation skills
- An AAT qualification is desirable
Colas is fully committed to promoting equality and diversity and maintaining a culture of fairness, transparency and respect for all employees, clients, communities, suppliers, contractors and other stakeholders. Colas aims to be inclusive, meet diverse needs and promote awareness and ownership in the workplace and the communities in which we serve.
Colas values the strength and differences that a diverse workforce brings to the organisation and believes that by harnessing these differences, we will foster a productive environment where equity and mutual respect are intrinsic, where talents are being fully utilised and organisational goals are met.
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Simply fill out the form below and one of our experts will be in touch with you.