About Colas Ltd
Colas Ltd are a UK subsidiary of the global Colas Group, which operates in over 50 countries worldwide and employs over 55,000 people. We are specialists in highways construction and have been involved in large scale UK and international construction projects within the highways, airfields and marine sectors as well as offering highways maintenance services and manufacturing our own innovative surfacing products. We hold a ‘Gold Investor in People’ award for continuously developing and rewarding our employees, offering excellent career potential.
We currently have an opportunity available within our north region accounts team in Leeds to assist our Management Accountants with the production of full accounts for our businesses ready for submission to our consolidation accounts team at our head office.
About the Role
This is a varied and interesting role working alongside experienced Management Accountants, assisting to produce monthly management accounts for Traffic Management and contracting. You will also:
- Capture all costs and allocate to contracts and departments with strict application of company governance and policies
- Liaise with Project Managers to ensure fair contract positions are reported at month end (WIP, accruals, remedial provisions, risks, opportunities and stock)
- Reconcile monthly P&L, labour and equipment and overheads schedules and variance analysis as well as facilitating preparation of the budget pack for yearly P&L accounts
- Monitor Capex vs budget and facilitate internal cost recharges are processed efficiently
As well as a highly competitive salary, Colas are also offering some great benefits with this role, which include:
- Competitive pension contribution scheme
- 25 days annual leave per annum + the option to buy or sell up to 5 days annual leave
- Opportunity to study towards a professional qualifications
- Ongoing training, and personal professional development
- Discounts on car leasing, holidays, cinema tickets, restaurants and much more through our online employee benefits portal
You will have significant accountant experience within a similar position, ideally from a contracting background such as civil engineering as an example, although we will consider applicants with the relevant transferable skills from other industries.
You will also:
- Be able to demonstrate exceptional commercial and financial acumen
- Have an in depth understanding and working knowledge of accounting and reporting systems
- Be able to demonstrate clear and effective problem solving and analytical skills
- Working knowledge of MS Excel to intermediate / advanced level
- Be working towards a relevant accounting qualification such as ACCA or CIMA (desirable)
Colas is fully committed to promoting equality and diversity and maintaining a culture of fairness, transparency and respect for all employees, clients, communities, suppliers, contractors and other stakeholders. Colas aims to be inclusive, meet diverse needs and promote awareness and ownership in the workplace and the communities in which we serve.
Colas values the strength and differences that a diverse workforce brings to the organisation and believes that by harnessing these differences, we will foster a productive environment where equity and mutual respect are intrinsic, where talents are being fully utilised and organisational goals are met.
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Simply fill out the form below and one of our experts will be in touch with you.