Apprentice Training Administrator
About Colas Ltd
Colas Ltd are a UK subsidiary of the global Colas Group, which operates in over 50 countries worldwide and employs over 55,000 people. We are specialists in highways construction and have been involved in large scale UK and international construction projects within the highways, airfields and marine sectors as well as offering highways maintenance services and manufacturing our own innovative surfacing products. We hold a ‘Gold Investor in People’ award for continuously developing and rewarding our employees, offering excellent career potential.
Colas are recruiting for an Apprentice Training Administrator to join our Learning & Development team based in Birmingham.
About the Role
Reporting to the Talent Development Manager, you will provide a full range of administrative duties and project support to the L&D team.
- Provide office support including customers & employees
- Training administration including;
- Booking training courses and tests, issuing joining instructions and evaluation forms
- Data input of training records onto LMS and other spreadsheets as required
- Scanning documents
- Maintaining hard copy filing where required
- Assisting with processing applications for industry schemes and recording industry accreditations and renewals
- Issuing certificates and cards and producing general correspondence
- Assisting at training events as & when required
- Assisting with reports and producing statistics and providing copy documents to Work Winning
- Assisting colleagues with basic training queries
- Support L&D Initiatives
As well as a highly competitive salary, Colas are also offering some great benefits with this role, which include:
- Competitive pension contribution
- 25 days annual leave per annum + the option to buy or sell up to 5 days annual leave
- Opportunity to study towards a professional qualification
- Ongoing training, and personal professional development
- Discounts on car leasing, holidays, cinema tickets, restaurants and much more through our online employee benefits portal
The successful candidate will have a strong interest in working within a Learning & Development department and be able to demonstrate a high level of attention to detail and organisation skills. You will also:
- Hold a grade 4-9 in both GCSE English and Maths (Grade A-C) or equivalent
- Be able to demonstrate a mature attitude and the ability to keep highly confidential information confidential
- Demonstrate the ability to work well as part of a team as well as independently
- Be ICT literate
- Be an excellent communicator with a good telephone manner
- Show excellent verbal and written communication skills
Colas is fully committed to promoting equality and diversity and maintaining a culture of fairness, transparency and respect for all employees, clients, communities, suppliers, contractors and other stakeholders. Colas aims to be inclusive, meet diverse needs and promote awareness and ownership in the workplace and the communities in which we serve.
Colas values the strength and differences that a diverse workforce brings to the organisation and believes that by harnessing these differences, we will foster a productive environment where equity and mutual respect are intrinsic, where talents are being fully utilised and organisational goals are met.
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Simply fill out the form below and one of our experts will be in touch with you.