Apprentice Stores Person/Business Administrator
Apprentice Stores Person/Business Administrator - Grantham
About Colas Ltd
Colas Ltd are a UK subsidiary of the global Colas Group, which operates in over 50 countries worldwide and employs over 55,000 people. We are specialists in highways construction and have been involved in large scale UK and international construction projects within the highways, airfields and marine sectors as well as offering highways maintenance services and manufacturing our own innovative surfacing products. We hold a ‘Gold Investor in People’ award for continuously developing and rewarding our employees, offering excellent career potential.
About the Role
We currently have an excellent opportunity for an Apprentice Stores Person/Business Administrator in our Grantham office. In this role, you will be ensuring stores are maintained to the highest level and assisting in fleet compliance. Your key responsibilities will be:
- All aspects of store keeping
- To manage, control, issue and account for all stock held within the stores and yard area
- Pick orders ready for collection
- Input stores data as required on to Colas systems
- Day to day stock control and annual stock take
- Maintain a clean and tidy store
- Raise orders to maintain stock
- Manage fuel stock in Grantham
- To ensure that all operations carried out within your area of responsibility are undertaken with full regard for safety of visitors, other members of staff and yourself
- Assist in ensuring all defect reports are logged, entering the defect reports into the Colas systems, raise work order when applicable
- Collects all paper data from drivers (hours tickets and tacho disks) and manage this data following processes and filing
- Raise PO for mandatory controls on fleet (MOTs, 6 weekly inspections, all other mandatory controls), as requested by line manager
- Assist in ensuring no gaps in records (defects, inspections, controls), and liaise with line manager if needed to address them
- Processing invoices
As well as a highly competitive salary, Colas are also offering some great benefits with this role, which include:
- Competitive pension contribution
- 25 days annual leave per annum + the option to buy or sell up to 5 days annual leave
- Opportunity to study towards a professional qualification fully funded
- Ongoing training, and personal professional development
- Discounts on car leasing, holidays, cinema tickets, restaurants and much more through our online employee benefits portal
The successful candidate will be educated to GCSE grade C or above in Maths & English, or equivalent, will have strong ICT skills and the ability to quickly pick up new systems. Along with this, you will be able to demonstrate good communication skills, a willingness to learn and a ‘can-do’ attitude.
You will also have:
- A friendly and confident personality
- Excellent word processing and IT skills, including a knowledge of a range of software packages
- A good work ethic
- Good written and oral communication skills
- The ability to work within a team
- Accuracy and attention to detail
Colas is fully committed to promoting equality and diversity and maintaining a culture of fairness, transparency and respect for all employees, clients, communities, suppliers, contractors and other stakeholders. Colas aims to be inclusive, meet diverse needs and promote awareness and ownership in the workplace and the communities in which we serve.
Colas values the strength and differences that a diverse workforce brings to the organisation and believes that by harnessing these differences, we will foster a productive environment where equity and mutual respect are intrinsic, where talents are being fully utilised and organisational goals are met.
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Simply fill out the form below and one of our experts will be in touch with you.