- You will work alongside the Workshop Technician and Traffic Signals engineers at the Colas ITS Gatwick depot assisting with testing and preparing VMS and Traffic Signals prior to site installation.
- Learn to competently use ITS software and programing tools to carry out testing and fault diagnosis.
- Work alongside the VMS/Traffic Signals Engineers/Electricians learning to install, commission, and maintain VMS and Traffic Signals equipment nationwide.
- By working alongside the VMS/Traffic Signals Engineers/Electricians you will learn to carry out fault finding/rectification on VMS and Traffic Signals equipment nationwide.
- Work alongside ITS Electricians carrying out electrical works both on site (nationwide) and throughout the warehouse.
- As part of a team, work on High-speed Road Networks.
- Work with ITS Electricians/ Traffic Signals Engineers at short notice nationwide.
- Attend local Electrical College to train to become a qualified electrician.
- Develop knowledge and experience by attending various job related training courses.
- Learn to understand and interpret technical information, drawings and schematics.
- Adhere to Colas’ principles and values.
Skills & Qualifications required
- Excellent communications skills.
- Self-motivated and conscientious.
- Must be able to work as part of a team.
- Flexible working attitude (Nights and weekends).
- Full driving licence will be required at the appropriate age or within 12 months of joining Colas.
- Comfortable working at height.
- Good IT skills.
- Willingness to travel and work away from home for periods of time.
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Simply fill out the form below and one of our experts will be in touch with you.