Apprentice Administrator - Leeds
About Colas Ltd
Colas Ltd are a UK subsidiary of the global Colas Group, which operates in over 50 countries worldwide and employs over 55,000 people. We are specialists in highways construction and have been involved in large scale UK and international construction projects within the highways, airfields and marine sectors as well as offering highways maintenance services and manufacturing our own innovative surfacing products. We hold a ‘Gold Investor in People’ award for continuously developing and rewarding our employees, offering excellent career potential.
About the Role
Due to continued success in our Northern region, we have an Apprentice Administrator opportunity at our depot in Leeds. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to get hands on training working in the Civil Engineering sector for a reputable contractor. Your duties will include:
- Collating, archiving and filing of contract documents
- Assisting with setting up site files
- Greeting visitors and directing them to the correct person or department
- Answering telephone calls and messages left on the system. Take accurate messages and forward to relevant departments
- Deliveries – sign for or contact correct person on arrival
- Raising of Purchase orders and goods receipting
- Photocopying / Scanning and electronically filing as required
- Order office supplies and maintain stock register
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and outlook at all times whilst maintaining absolute confidentiality and professionalism in all aspects of the role
- To carry out any other duties as reasonably required
As well as a highly competitive salary, Colas are also offering some great benefits with this role, which include:
- Competitive pension contribution
- 25 days annual leave per annum + the option to buy or sell up to 5 days annual leave
- Flexible working
- Opportunity to study towards a professional qualification fully funded
- Ongoing training, and personal professional development
- Discounts on car leasing, holidays, cinema tickets, restaurants and much more through our online employee benefits portal
The successful candidate will be educated to GCSE grade C or above in Maths & English, or equivalent, will have strong ICT skills especially using Microsoft office excel and word. Along with this, you will be able to demonstrate the ability to work under pressure, using your own initiative and working to tight deadlines.
You will also have:
- A friendly and confident personality
- Excellent word processing and IT skills, including a knowledge of a range of software packages.
- A good work ethic.
- Good written and oral communication skills
- The ability to work within a team.
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Good written and oral skills.
Colas is fully committed to promoting equality and diversity and maintaining a culture of fairness, transparency and respect for all employees, clients, communities, suppliers, contractors and other stakeholders. Colas aims to be inclusive, meet diverse needs and promote awareness and ownership in the workplace and the communities in which we serve.
Colas values the strength and differences that a diverse workforce brings to the organisation and believes that by harnessing these differences, we will foster a productive environment where equity and mutual respect are intrinsic, where talents are being fully utilised and organisational goals are met
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Simply fill out the form below and one of our experts will be in touch with you.