Principal responsibilities and accountabilities
- Schedule appointments for both internal and external meetings and provide files and papers in preparation of such meetings. Take minutes at internal / external meetings as required.
- Photocopy and print appropriate documents and distribute, using own initiative, as and when required.
- Arrange travel and accommodation requirements in advance of each trip, using Clarity.
- Draft agendas, prepare reports and collate papers where required.
- Set up conference calls/video conferences as applicable.
- Deal with incoming post and sort correspondence according to importance.
- Establish and maintain a good working filing system for all current topics. Organise an archive system for non-current files.
- Answer, screen and direct incoming calls. Ascertain in detail the nature of the enquiries and obtain information to provide answers and redirect calls if necessary.
- Ensure that messages are passed on as appropriate. Record messages accurately and arrange for return calls when a Colas representative and the callers are available.
- Assist with preparation of twice yearly Budget Meeting packs.
- Maintain tender opportunities log and CRM system for discussion at weekly meetings.
- Coordinate operative training and maintain training matrix.
- Distribute toolbox talks, risk assessment updates and other HSEQ documentation and maintain relevant registers.
- Set up and assist with bid preparations and submissions.
- Stationary ordering for the office.
- Provide general secretarial support for managers as required.
- To ensure that all operations carried out within our area of responsibility are undertaken with full regard for the safety of visitors, other members of staff and yourself.
- Assure all activities are undertaken with due regard for the environment, to prevent pollution, comply with legal and corporate requirements and minimise environmental impact.
- Carry out other appropriate duties as assigned by the line manager.
Qualifications and training
- Maths and English GCSE at grade C or equivalent.
Technical skills and experience
- General administrative experience.
- Computer skills with knowledge of MS Packages including Word, Outlook, PowerPoint & Excel.
- Experience with working with office equipment i.e. printer, photocopier, scanner.
(Skills and Personal attributes):
- Excellent personal organisation.
- Brilliant written and verbal communication.
- Good telephone manner and ability to liaise with all levels of company personnel is essential.
- Time management and strong organisational skills.
- Professional approach.
- Good attention to detail.
- Proactive approach.
- Ability to use own initiative.
- Willingness to learn.
- Open minded attitude to work and to innovative ideas.
- Creative (preferred but not essential).
- Honest and trustworthy.
- Team worker.
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Simply fill out the form below and one of our experts will be in touch with you.