Administrator - UKP
About Colas Ltd
Colas Ltd are a UK subsidiary of the global Colas Group, which operates in over 50 countries worldwide and employs over 55,000 people. We are specialists in highways construction and have been involved in large scale UK and international construction projects within the highways, airfields and marine sectors as well as offering highways maintenance services and manufacturing our own innovative surfacing products. We hold a ‘Gold Investor in People’ award for continuously developing and rewarding our employees, offering excellent career potential.
Colas hold an extensive portfolio of capability and experience delivering all highways civil engineering requirements, focussed on a true “fence to fence” highways solution. Our diverse range of services include public realm improvements, junction improvements, car parks including park and ride facilities, footways, cycleways and other infrastructure for non-motorised users, carriageway construction and surfacing, drainage improvements, signalisation, road lining & Carriageway studs and more.
About the Role
Due to the continued success of our UK Projects division, we are currently looking to employ an Admin Assistant to provide administrative / secretarial support to the senior managers and UKP team members for the UK Projects business unit.
Key Accountabilities Include:
- Type correspondence, reports, graphs, charts etc from handwritten drafts, ensuring accuracy and appropriate format.
- Photocopy appropriate documents and distribute, using own initiative, as and when required.
- Schedule appointments for both internal and external meetings and provide files and papers in preparation of such meetings. Take minutes at internal/external meetings as required.
- Arrange travel and accommodation requirements in advance of each trip, using in-house travel agent.
- Draft agendas, prepare reports and collate papers where required.
- Set up conference calls/video conferences as applicable.
- Establish and maintain a good working filing system for all current topics. Organise an archive system for non-current files.
- Answer, screen and direct incoming calls. Ascertain in detail the nature of the enquiries and obtain information to provide answers and redirect calls if necessary.
- Act as liaison between UKP team members, to ensure that messages are passed on as appropriate. Record messages accurately and arrange for return calls when team members and the callers are available.
- Prepare monthly safety statistics.
- Provide general admin support for the UK Projects team as required.
- Provide and arrange for tea/coffee or appropriate refreshments for meetings and visitors whenever this is necessary.
As well as a highly competitive salary, Colas are also offering some great benefits with this role, which include:
- Competitive pension contribution
- 25 days annual leave per annum + the option to buy or sell up to 5 days annual leave
- Flexible working
- Opportunity to study towards a professional qualification fully funded
- Ongoing training, and personal professional development
- Discounts on car leasing, holidays, cinema tickets, restaurants and much more through our online employee benefits portal
The successful candidate will have worked in a busy Administration role previously.
You will also have:
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office programmes (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent personal organisation
- Excellent telephone manner and ability to liaise with colleagues at all levels
- Excellent attention to detail
- Confidentiality and discretion
- Good numeracy skills
Colas is fully committed to promoting equality and diversity and maintaining a culture of fairness, transparency and respect for all employees, clients, communities, suppliers, contractors and other stakeholders. Colas aims to be inclusive, meet diverse needs and promote awareness and ownership in the workplace and the communities in which we serve.
Colas values the strength and differences that a diverse workforce brings to the organisation and believes that by harnessing these differences, we will foster a productive environment where equity and mutual respect are intrinsic, where talents are being fully utilised and organisational goals are met.
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Simply fill out the form below and one of our experts will be in touch with you.