Administrator – Humber Bank Link Road – 6 Month FTC
Location: Hull SIAC
About Colas Ltd
Colas Ltd is a UK subsidiary of the global Colas Group, which operates in over 50 countries worldwide and employs over 55,000 people. We are specialists in highways construction and have been involved in large scale UK and international construction projects within the highways, airfields and marine sectors as well as offering highways maintenance services and manufacturing our own innovative surfacing products. We hold a ‘Gold Investor in People’ award for continuously developing and rewarding our employees, offering excellent career potential.
About the Role
In this role, you will be responsible for undertaking all aspects of administration works supporting a busy highways civil engineering team. You will assist with the delivery of all secured contracts, ensuring compliance with all quality procedures and dealing with queries from suppliers, clients and other external stakeholders.
Key responsibilities include:
- Accurate and timely raising of purchase orders in company system adhering at all times to company and local procurement processes.
- Goods receipting of deliveries accurately and in a timely manner.
- Processing of invoices within required timescales
- Assisting with payroll data entry each week ensuring accurate and timely information is processed.
- Enter, check and validate costs in company cost capture system ensuring weekly deadlines are achieved.
- Collation, archiving and filing of all contract details and paperwork in line with minimum requirements.
- Manage data in line with the company GDPR policy.
- Assist operational team with copying, scanning, printing and laminating when time and resource allows.
- Maintain professional approach positively reflecting the image of the company.
- Maintain / develop good relations with all stakeholders including clients, managers, operatives and the general public.
- Undertake all other appropriate duties as assigned by your line manager
As well as a highly competitive salary, Colas are also offering some great benefits with this role, which include:
- Competitive pension contribution
- 25 days annual leave per annum + bank holidays with the option to buy or sell up to 5 days annual leave
- Opportunity to study towards a professional qualification
- NI free childcare vouchers
- Ongoing training, and personal professional development
- Discounts on car leasing, holidays, cinema tickets, restaurants and much more through our online employee benefits portal
You will be an experienced Administrator who is used to managing a varied and busy workload who enjoys interacting with clients and customers both over the phone and face to face. You will also:
- Be able to pick up new systems quickly and manage the up-keep of multiple databases
- Be computer literate including good working knowledge of Excel, Word and Microsoft Project
- Have experience of producing timesheets, invoices and payroll
- Show a willingness to develop your skills and areas of knowledge
- Be able to demonstrate that you have excellent time management and organisation skills
- Demonstrate a flexible approach to working and enjoy taking on new tasks and learning new skills
- Good communication skills and previous customer facing experience
Colas is fully committed to promoting equality and diversity and maintaining a culture of fairness, transparency and respect for all employees, clients, communities, suppliers, contractors and other stakeholders. Colas aims to be inclusive, meet diverse needs and promote awareness and ownership in the workplace and the communities in which we serve.
Colas values the strength and differences that a diverse workforce brings to the organisation and believes that by harnessing these differences, we will foster a productive environment where equity and mutual respect are intrinsic, where talents are being fully utilised and organisational goals are met.
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Simply fill out the form below and one of our experts will be in touch with you.