About the Role
This is a highly varied and interesting role offering the right person a chance to gain a great breadth of knowledge and experience in their accountancy career.
In this role you will be a key team member in assisting in the preparation of monthly management accounts, budgets, forecasts, shareholder reporting and monthly balance sheet reconciliations as well as providing schedules for external auditors and management information. You will also:
- Prepare annual P11Ds
- Prepare and produce the P46 car return quarterly
- Prepare and submit national statistics returns
- Update the BCI/CPI statistics on Connex (Intranet) monthly
- Conduct stock control for the Grantham depot
- Update and maintain the Financial Authorities
- Monthly reconciliation of the travel system - Clarity
- Process All Star fuel charges
- Raise salary invoices to joint venture partners
- Prepare and produce the accounts for the Plant & Transport & VFC Tipner business area
- Assist in the preparation of annual budgets
- Reconcile and document monthly balance sheet accounts
As well as a highly competitive salary, Colas are also offering some great benefits with this role, which include:
- Competitive pension contribution
- 25 days annual leave per annum + the option to buy or sell up to 5 days annual leave
- Flexible working
- NI free childcare vouchers
- Ongoing training, and personal professional development
- Discounts on car leasing, holidays, cinema tickets, restaurants and much more through our online employee benefits portal
You will be an experienced Accounts Assistant or have previous experience working in a similar role and be able to demonstrate the ability to maintain high levels of accuracy whilst working on a variety of tasks and to tight deadlines. You will also:
- Have experience using accounting software and the Microsoft office suite such as Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Be a team player and be interesting in a diverse role with a willingness to get involved in accounting duties outside of your specialism as and when required by the business
Colas is fully committed to promoting equality and diversity and maintaining a culture of fairness, transparency and respect for all employees, clients, communities, suppliers, contractors and other stakeholders. Colas aims to be inclusive, meet diverse needs and promote awareness and ownership in the workplace and the communities in which we serve.
Colas values the strength and differences that a diverse workforce brings to the organisation and believes that by harnessing these differences, we will foster a productive environment where equity and mutual respect are intrinsic, where talents are being fully utilised and organisational goals are met.
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Simply fill out the form below and one of our experts will be in touch with you.