2 X Vehicle Technicians (Large Vehicles)
Colas Ltd are a UK subsidiary of the global Colas Group, which operates in over 50 countries worldwide and employs over 55,000 people. We are specialists in highways construction and have been involved in large scale UK and international construction projects within the highways, airfields and marine sectors as well as offering highways maintenance services and manufacturing our own innovative surfacing products. We hold a ‘Gold Investor in People’ award for continuously developing and rewarding our employees, offering excellent career potential.
Due to increased workloads, we currently have 2 new opportunities available within our Mechanical services garage in Ringmer ,near Lewes, East Sussex. We operate a large scale vehicle maintenance and repair shop with c.47 employees, who are responsible for carrying out all aspects of vehicle maintenance and repair on both Large fleet and small fleet, Retail customers and the internal Colas fleet.
About the Role
As a Vehicle Technician you will carry out both planned and emergency (breakdown) maintenance and repairs on various vehicles and equipment. The main duties within the role will be:
- Ensure all vehicle and feet compliance
- Carry out procedures for fault diagnostics and ensure repair works are carried out with consideration of cost and time
- Carry out risk assessment of work to ensure safety of staff and the public
- Undertake repair work as instructed by your Foreman / Supervisor and complete relevant paperwork in a timely manner, noting all changes to vehicle with the Foreman / Supervisor
- Ensure the Colas Ltd fleet is well maintained and in a presentable condition
- Develop the skills an competencies of apprentices and trainees within the team
As well as a very competitive hourly rate, we are offering a host of other benefits, which include:
- Full time, 40 hour contract (Monday – Friday) with lots of opportunity to earn 1.5 x rate for overtime and flexible start and finish times
- Vehicle and structures standby available
- A competitive contribution pension scheme
- The chance to work with a highly skilled team and carry out work on a variety of vehicles
- Excellent training and career opportunities within the business
You will have significant previous experience working as a Vehicle Technician or in a similar role such as a Mechanic with experience carrying out a range of repair works on a variety of vehicles including large vehicles. You will also be reliable and a strong team player and have:
- NVQ Level 3 or City and Guilds Mechanics qualification or equivalent
- A working knowledge of health and safety and the use of risk assessments
- A strong knowledge of various makes, models, vehicles and equipment
- A full, clean driving licence
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Simply fill out the form below and one of our experts will be in touch with you.