Specialist Processes and Surface Treatments
Innovative, specialist road repair and maintenance
Colas has over 50 years experience and expertise in repairing, protecting and extending the usable lifespan of infrastructure roads, footways and other surfaces. When roads surfaces develop ruts and deformations, have water problems and where skid resistance starts to fall, our affordable, innovative and unique specialist surface treatment solutions will help maintain safety standards and extend the life of your roads by up to 10 years.
Whether you have a need to do small road surface repairs or your road requires a deeper resurfacing, Colas innovative surface treatment solutions are flexible and can be prepared to meet your requirements. We supply options to repair and upgrade the surface, without necessarily needing to engage in a far more costly and time-consuming resurfacing programme.
Fibredec Surface Dressing
Fibredec surface dressing is an effective solution for maintaining large areas of road network and surfaces, above and below the surface.
- Works by combining our own manufactured emulsion with glass fibres
- Waterproof, increasing tensile strength and is resistant to cracking
- Highly cost effective, fast and efficient
- Apply decorative aggregates
Road Recycling Solutions
Colas innovative and unique road recycling solutions - Repave, Retread and Deep In-situ Recycling. The three sustainable surface processes designed to reduce your carbon footprint and cost, repair structural issues and contaminated areas can be rejuvenated and reconstructed.
- Treat areas with depths from 150mm to 350mm
- Reduce time on site by up to 60% and reduces traffic disruption for road users
Ralumac High Texture
Category A roads are best repaired with our BBA HAPAS approved Ralumac High Texture (HT)
- Initial texture depth of 2.00mm
- Fill ruts and deformations in one pass
- Increases ride quality
- Low levels of traffic disruption and congestion
For Stone Mastic Asphalt (SMA) road that is reaching the end of its life, Microasphalt is a good solution
- Takes out ruts and pot holes up to 40mm thick, and extends the life of a road by up to 10 years
- Improves the appearance and skid resistance
- Reduces disruption to local traffic, as it is cold applied, and is ready in just 30 minutes
High Friction and Anti-Skid surfacing
For high-risk areas with high accident rates, High Friction and Anti-Skid surfacing solutions will highlight lane delineation or other surface, increase safety and reduce risk
- Can be used on all classes of roads, cycleways and footways
- Drastically improves the skid resistance of treated surfaces
- Can be applied using a variety of coloured finishes