Colas response to Coronavirus
Colas response to Coronavirus
Colas recognises that the spread of the Covid-19 coronavirus has major implications for public health, public services and businesses generally. Colas is continually monitoring the evolving situation and taking precautions to minimise the potential risk of coronavirus on business, taking careful account of latest government and public health advice.
We want to assure our customers, partners, supply chain and local communities that we have put in place measures to minimise disruption. Below are some specific actions that we have taken:
Formation of a dedicated Covid-19 risk management group to coordinate Colas actions to manage the risks associated with the current outbreak.
Robust awareness campaign
Colas has been regularly updating our employees, contractors and suppliers on latest government advice on protection against the Covid-19 coronavirus and the prevention of the spread of the virus by way of:
- Regular updates to employees on the evolving situation in relation to coronavirus and latest government and NHS advice.
Advice posters on how to prevent the spread of coronavirus and safe hand washing have been distributed to all Colas locations and sites.
- Advice induction cards for issue to external visitors have been distributed to all Colas locations and sites.
Procurement of hygiene and health and safety commodities
- Additional hand sanitizing gel and tissues for distribution across Colas locations and sites.
- Additional appropriate PPE for risk assessed activities.
Travel and business meetings
- We have restricted all national and international travel except where it is essential.
- Where possible, meetings are held by telephone or videoconferencing facilities.
- We have restricted attendance at group events such as conferences.
Business Continuity Planning
A robust approach to risk management and operational continuity is already an established aspect of Colas’ business planning to prepare us for unexpected or exceptional events through our business continuity plans.
- Existing plans contain mitigation actions to respond to a variety of scenarios, which have been reviewed on a regular basis.
- Each of our sites and locations has been asked to review their plans and put in place business continuity mitigation in the event of a widespread outbreak within the UK.
- We are working with our supply chain regarding their business continuity arrangements in response to the coronavirus, sharing with them the awareness guidance that has been circulated to our employees.
- We have reviewed our existing IT infrastructure to ensure its resilience to enable, if necessary and where possible, employees to work from home.
Colas is mindful that the Covid-19 coronavirus outbreak is a continuously evolving situation and our response will evolve accordingly.
If you have any queries, please contact your usual key Colas contact.
Chief Executive Officer