Colas provide extensive airside capabilities and expertise on all aspects of airfield pavement construction and maintenance. From preservation to a full reconstruction Colas have a wide range of service options designed to meet your airfield requirements.
Our services include:
- Rapid runway resurfacing without interruption to scheduled operations
- Runway, taxiway and apron, flexible and rigid pavement construction.
- Thin film polymer bonded overlays for use on runways, taxiways, aprons and sterile areas.
- Fuel resistant and fuel non-resistant slurry seal systems.
- Pavement quality concrete: including complete thresholds; taxiways and aprons; individual bay and concrete repairs, together with all associated saw cutting and jointing.
- Removal of rubber deposits from runways.
- Pedestrian and vehicle routes incorporating colour demarcation and anti-slip surfacing.
Landside, Colas has extensive experience in:
- The construction and lighting of surface car parks, often over stabilised clay or compacted granular bases.
- Innovative processes for the installation of temporary car parking surfaces using the minimum thickness of new construction materials.
- Road construction, maintenance and recycling.
Offering sustainable solutions for airfield operations is an important part of our delivery. Over recent years our portfolio of sustainable solutions in airfields has grown considerably. Our approach considers the production of materials and logistical movements as well as site operations and methods.
Use of our environmental calculator software enables us to provide clients with measurable and quantifiable energy and carbon savings that can be compared against conventional construction methods.
Further information can be found in our Defence Sector & Aviation Maintenance brochure.
Birmingham Airport Runway Extension
Birmingham Airport is one of the UK’s busiest airports, handling over 9 million passengers a year. The airport offers both domestic flights within the UK and international flights to Europe,
Gatwick Airport Main Runway
London Gatwick Airport is the world’s busiest single runway airport and supports the air space around London. Taxiways Papa and November are of paramount importance to the airfield taxiway