Colas provide extensive airside capabilities and expertise on
all aspects of airfield pavement construction and maintenance. From
preservation to a full reconstruction Colas have a wide range of
service options designed to meet your airfield requirements.
Our services include:
- Rapid runway resurfacing without interruption to scheduled
- Runway, taxiway and apron, flexible and rigid pavement
- Thin film polymer bonded overlays for use on runways, taxiways,
aprons and sterile areas.
- Fuel resistant and fuel non-resistant slurry seal systems.
- Pavement quality concrete: including complete thresholds;
taxiways and aprons; individual bay and concrete repairs, together
with all associated saw cutting and jointing.
- Removal of rubber deposits from runways.
- Pedestrian and vehicle routes incorporating colour demarcation
and anti-slip surfacing.
Landside, Colas has extensive experience in:
- The construction and lighting of surface car parks, often over
stabilised clay or compacted granular bases.
- Innovative processes for the installation of temporary car
parking surfaces using the minimum thickness of new construction
- Road construction, maintenance and recycling.
Offering sustainable solutions for airfield operations is an
important part of our delivery. Over recent years our portfolio of
sustainable solutions in airfields has grown considerably. Our
approach considers the production of materials and logistical
movements as well as site operations and methods.
Use of our environmental calculator software enables us to
provide clients with measurable and quantifiable energy and carbon
savings that can be compared against conventional construction
Further information can be found in our Defence Sector
& Aviation Maintenance brochure.