Colpatch receives HAPAS approval
Fri, 16 Dec 2011
Colpatch has now been approved as a permanent patch repair
product for highways under the Highway Authorities Product Approval
Scheme (HAPAS) from the British Board of Agrément (BBA).
Colpatch is used for the repair of potholes, patches and other
similar defects found within bituminous and cementious surfaces on
trafficked and non-trafficked highways.
- Agrément certification includes:
- Factors relating to compliance with HAPAS requirements
- Factors relating to regulations, where applicable
- Independently verified technical specification
- Assessment criteria and technical investigations
- Design considerations
- Installation guidance
- Regular surveillance of production
- A formal five-yearly review
During the trial process Colas undertook testing of indirect
stiffness modulus; wheel tracking; air voids; triaxal cyclic
compression tests; skid resistance; and texture depth.
The BBA carried out audits of Colpatch production and an
installation trial involving pothole repairs.
HAPAS requirements state that when manufactured and installed in
accordance with the provisions of the certification, Colpatch will
provide a satisfactory repair to road surfaces.