Colas operate to provide safe, innovative and sustainable solutions for the design, building and maintenance of transport infrastructure.
Services are driven by a visionary approach and we place a strong emphasis on the importance of research and technical development, innovative thinking and our talent to deliver best practice and value.
- The company was founded in 1923
- In 1995 we were acquired by the international Colas Group, Colas SA
- We are owned by the International Parent Group Colas SA
- Colas SA is owned by the Bouygues Group
- Our head office is based inWest Sussex
- We have over 20 offices and depots across the UK
- We have approximately 2000 employees including those who work in our Joint Venture arrangements
- We are Investors in People company
- Our people are our talent and when recruiting we look for a certain type of individual who demonstrates commitment, energy, self-belief, a willingness to challenge and continuously improve.
- Our turnover for 2011 was £286.1 million
- Our turnover for 2012 was £303.6 million
- Our turnover for 2013 was £324.1 million
- These results are for Colas Ltd and include joint ventures
- Over the past couple years despite the current economic climate we have been vigilant and remained financially stable
- This is due to our culture of efficiency and business improvement.
- We deliver services to a diverse portfolio of clients including the Highways Agency, Local Authorities, MoD, Aviation Industry and the Private sector; contractors, consultants, architects and utility companies.
- Transport Information Systems
- Traffic Management
- Highways Maintenance and Management
- Products and materials
- Surface Treatments
- Construction Projects
- Vehicle Services
- Exterior Lighting
- Landscape Design
- We currently working in Joint Venture arrangement for our MAC contracts.
- These MAC contracts operate as A-one+, the joint venture company comprising Colas, Halcrow and Costain.
- Newhaven Roadstone Ltd
- SWH operates as an independent company and is a JV arrangement between Colas and Ringway